What is the update information for DaVinci Resolve 18.5 Beta 2 (DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 Public Beta 2, DaVinci Resolve 18.5 b2) released on May 3, 2022?
There are 28 bug fixes and 11 improvements or changes up to Beta1.
The Beta2 release notes were almost the same as Beta1 (with some modifications), but detailed information was published on the official forum, so I translated the article.
improve or change
- Supports AV1 encoding with hardware acceleration on AMD systems
- Improved bitrate and quality when encoding AAC audio on Windows 11
- Alt(Windows)/Option(Mac) now allows live preview of node graph compositing mode
- Added shading options to Fusion viewer dropdown
- Added control visualization options to Fusion uCamera
- Changed visible camera overlay to be hidden in USD viewer
- Added support for switching between camera and scene lights by clicking the viewer dropdown
- Supports uRenderer's filmback fitting option
- Supports scripting API for creating subtitles from timeline audio
- Supports scripting API to transcribe source clips
- General performance and stability improvements
- Addressed an issue with synchronizing Blackmagic Presentations markers in DaVinci Resolve
- Addressed tempo and tint wheel sensitivity issues with the DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel and DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel
- Addressed an issue where compositing mode was applied to disabled nodes
- Addressed an issue when setting the color space in the media pool for color managed timelines
- Addressed Magic Mask tracking issue after rippling (ripple?) node changes
- Addresses incorrect gamma issue when caching to Apple ProRes 4444 on Apple Silicon
- Addressed an issue with displaying subtitle controls in the cut page inspector
- Addressed crop issues with Resolve FX Transform plugin
- Addressed an issue when using shortcut keys to toggle marker visibility
- Address line spacing issues in imported SRT files
- Addressed an issue with playback speed inconsistencies when switching to Cinema Viewer
- Addressed audio playback issues when changing clip speed with pitch correction
- Addressed metadata issues with external Dolby Atmos renderers in fixed bus mode
- Addressed issue with applying Dolby Atmos master gain on export
- Addressed an issue where incorrect sync point offsets occurred when copying and pasting in range mode?
- Addressed an issue where Edit Groups created from Track Index had incorrect colors
- Addressed H.264 clip decoding issue on some Windows systems
- Addressed H.265 playback performance issue on some AMD systems
- Addressed issue with offline audio clips in Open Timeline IO import
- Addressed DaVinci Resolve OpenTimelineIO export issue
- Addressed an issue with per-timeline overrides to disable Fusion tonemapping
- Addressed an issue when dragging media pool assets into the Fusion inspector
- Addressed an issue where highlights were clamped in some Fusion viewer LUTs
- Addressed an issue where a tool with no output could be inserted into an existing pipe
- Addressed an issue with reloading invalid paths in uLoader
- Addressed camera list issues in uRenderer
- Addressed issue with copying PoV from existing scene camera
- Addressed issues with 3D and USD viewer labels in some languages
See the following article for all the information about 18.5 Beta.
The translation of this article is based on the translation from www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) and has been partially revised.