What is the update information for DaVinci Resolve 18.0.2 released on September 7, 2022?
Available from the support site.
This is a bug fix for 18.0.0 to 18.0.1.
This is a mandatory update for those using version 18, as many bugs have been resolved.
In 18.0.1, I had the feeling that we quickly fixed the issues that required urgent response, but in 18.0.2, I got the impression that the problems with the following priority were resolved.
Maybe you've seen something like that? If you are using version 18, we strongly recommend updating.
Changes in DaVinci Resolve 18.0.2
The following changes have been removed.
- Fixed the problem that YouTube's large-capacity upload fails.
- Addressed an issue where some gallery still files persisted after being deleted.
- Support render in place using render cache instead of original.
- Addressed track name metadata issue when doing audio sync.
- Addressed potential loss of video elements when disabling live saves.
- Fixed incorrect trimming of some H.264 clips in media management.
- Addressed an issue with trimming ARRI clips in Media Management.
- Addressed an issue with importing ARRI clips trimmed in older versions.
- Addressed an issue with reading metadata from ARRI ProRes MXF files.
- Added support for offline thumbnails when loading many clips on Apple silicon.
- Addressed an issue where the media bin name and contents would sometimes load blank.
- Addressed potential loss of clip retiming when reloading a project.
- Fixed the problem that an error occurs when copying some projects.
- Addressed an issue where pasting grading would cause the timeline matte to be incorrect.
- Addressed incorrect output colorspace in some upgraded RCM projects.
- Addressed an issue with interlaced MXF clips from HyperDeck.
- Addressed an issue when using proxies with subclips.
- Addressed an issue with adding flags to clips on locked tracks.
- Addressed an issue applying output sizing from a saved project preset.
- Addressed an issue where reel names were being ignored in preformed EDLs.
- Addressed an issue with exporting multi-line subtitles.
- Addressed an issue with using shared nodes in the timeline node graph.
- Addressed an issue with pasting stereoscopic 3D grades in unmixed mode.
- Addressed incorrect aspect ratio when decoding some AVCHD clips.
- Addressed an issue with Nvidia encoder quality settings.
- Addressed HDR tagging issue when rendering to H.264 on Apple Silicon.
- Addressed an issue that could cause rendering jobs to hang.
- Addressed an issue with running snapshots in Resolve Live.
- Addressed an issue with upgrading PostgreSQL 9.2 project libraries.
- Addressed an issue where the gyro stabilizer was not blanking correctly.
- Addressed an issue with importing FBX into default comps.
- Addressed an issue with scaling the Fusion hue curve control.
- Addressed an edge glitch in double polyline masks.
- Addresses the Mandelbrot iteration problem on Apple silicon
- Addressed an issue where AMD render crashes with some drivers.
- Improved playback performance for ARRI Raw clips.
- Updated DaVinci Resolve Panel setup utility.
- General performance and stability improvements
Translated at www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version).
Important Notice Regarding Database Management
To use DaVinci Resolve 18.0, you need to upgrade the project library (database) if you are using DaVinci Resolve 18.0beta5 or earlier.
Before upgrading to 18.0, it is highly recommended to backup your existing databases (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and restore them for upgrade. There are no database changes from 18.0beta6.